This turkey pot pie recipe made with leftover turkey from your holiday dinner makes two 9-inch pies. Chunks of white and dark turkey meat are mixed with peas, carrots, and beans in a creamy sauce that screams comfort food. Using ready-made pastry dough and frozen vegetables cuts down on prep time. These leftover turkey pot pies are so delicious, they don’t last long!
1 hrs 20 mins
2 9-inch pot pies
Jump to Nutrition Facts
Put your Thanksgiving leftovers to good use with this turkey pot pie recipe. The Allrecipes community can’t get enough of the top-rated recipe. One reviewer says it has become a “post-holiday tradition!”
Turkey Pot Pie Ingredients
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this top-rated turkey pot pie recipe:
· Frozen veggies: You’ll need frozen peas and carrots and frozen green beans.
· Fresh veggies: Celery and onion add fresh flavor and texture.
· Butter and flour: Sauté the onion in butter, then add all-purpose flour to make a roux.
· Seasonings: This turkey pot pie is seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
· Broth: Use store-bought or homemade chicken broth or turkey broth.
· Milk: Use your favorite milk to create a creamy filling.
· Turkey: Of course, you’ll need leftover turkey!
· Pie crust: Use a store-bought double pie crust or try our Butter Flaky Pie Crust.
How to Make Turkey Pot Pie
You’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this leftover turkey pot pie:
1. Cook the frozen vegetables and celery.
2. Saute the onions in butter, then whisk in the flour and seasonings.
3. Whisk in the broth and milk to thicken the sauce.
4. Stir in the cooked vegetables and turkey.
5. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
6. Cover with the remaining crust and bake.